- What is happiness?
- Is happiness an inborn disposition?
- In Life of Brian, he sang “Always look on the bright side” when he was nailed to the cross, is this example of “cheerful disposition”? Or plain denial, admitting defeat?
- Can everyone be as happy as the other?
- Are we by nature Schadenfreude – only happy at other’s misfortune?
- Pursuit of happiness conforms to the American way of life, equivalent of the pursuit of material possessions?
- Is it an insidious way of dumbing-down?
Sunday, 1 August 2010
Forum: Reasons to be cheerful
Strands of discussion: